Our brain can store about 1 TB (Terabyte) data. It is just like a bermuda triangle, you can fill in it everything without spilling over. It depends how judiciously we use it

Sensibilität durch meine Augen (SENSITIVITY THROUGH MY EYES)

This post is an extension to my earlier post "A health pandemic changing into a psychological emergency". Since the country has suddenly realized its duty of being considerate for each other's problem,I thought it is the right time to talk about topics like sensitivity and emotions. 

Read only if you belong to the following categories:
  • If you are like me who values every living being  around you, provided you must be the same throughout and not the one who suddenly comes out of the dungeon after hearing of a suicide case and becomes empathetic for a day or two 
  • If you portray yourself to be bold and strong and think of emotional people as fool,vulnerable and weak 
  • If you are out of these two categories,you are free to enjoy the read with your own assessments and judgements 
In the next few seconds, I will share two of my life's experiences, just like short stories. They might be basic but will tell you what being an emotional person means? 

Story 1- 
I was in my final year of Masters. We had to prepare the  draft of our projects and submit it within a day. After writing the draft for the whole day, I got up (with two heavy and bulky drafts in my hand) for a metro ride to my rented flat at around 5 pm. I was so tired that my 8 min walk from the department  to the metro seemed like an hour. Still I didn't prefer taking a rikshaw (made it a rule for myself for short distances,don't know why?). I walked into the metro station , managed to cross the usual long cue in about 15 min and reached the platform. In such situations,the biggest relief comes to you when you see the face of the metro,but alas it always stares at you and laughs as if to say- "yatrigad kripya dhyan dein,is metro ki sabhi seats bhar chuki hain,kripaya koi ummeed na rakhein" (travellers please pay attention,all the seats are filled so don't make any expectations). I boarded the train but did not took the seat since had to get down after 3 stops to change the line from yellow to red. I deboarded the metro slowly, protecting myself from attacks of other passengers.I started moving to the top floor of Kashmiri Gate metro station. As soon as I reached the platform and was taking a sigh of relief , someone called me from back- "Beta"
I turned back and saw an old man in 60's smiling at me. 
He asked me "Beta,how should I go to Pitampura?"
I smiled and told him to take the metro standing opposite to this platform. He nodded and went ahead. 
Suddenly I realized, I made a blunder with this old man. I told him the wrong route. I looked back but he was not there. He was lost amidst the crowd.For once I thought I should take my metro which was about to arrive in just 3 min. I was too tired and it was difficult to find him in the huge Delhi crowd. 
I told myself- "He might get a help from someone else, don't worry,lets get back and eat something after all you have to feed yourself on your own. Don't forget you are not at your real home where you will get yummy cooked food even before asking." But these words were unable to console me. I immediately started running backwards, went all the way round to find "the old man in 60s". I searched him here and there and found him sitting near the elevator of the other platform. I got back to him completely out of breadth. He saw me and smiled again "what happened beta?"
Me -"Uncle by mistake I gave you the wrong information. I m sorry, you were on the right platform earlier, I made a huge mistake."
He smiled and said- "its ok "
It was a moment of relief and happiness for me. I helped him to get up , showed the path and left for my metro. This is my definition of being sensitive, emotional and compassionate. 

Story 2-  
I was working in the lab with a mixture of concentrated acid and benzoin. Suddenly while stirring my beaker a part of mixture fell on my knees. I did not knew that it would turn into something so painful and itchy. My knees started burning and I could not resist the pain. I rushed to the washroom to get some water. To my surprise neither ice nor water was working on it and pain started increasing . 
I called one of my friend, but he could not pick up because of his unwanted commitment to the chemicals in the lab. I tried calling other people,but unfortunately no one picked. So I had no other option but to help myself. The only thing that rang in my mind at that time was the quote I learnt in school, "God help those who help themselves." I was scared by the reaction of my Professor who at times of mishappenings doesn't act to prevent it but first prefers to scold everyone. I remember, once there was a fire in the lab due to breakage of round bottom flask and instead of participating with us in the "sand throwing ceremony" to quench the fire, he started acting like Sherlock "Who did this and How?" 
I had to rush back to lab with my burning knees to get some ointment. This time I went from the back door to save myself from premature death by the look of my Prof. I went inside, inquired like a CID to everyone but all went in vain. I started loosing all hopes when a classmate brought burnol to my rescue. I somehow managed to apply it on my knees but due to my jeans it could not stay there for long. ("With due respect to burnol,you played your role perfectly and I will undoubtedly promote you as a saviour if I ever get a chance to film an add for you")
Slowly, I got used to off that pain and worked the whole day with my burns. The day ended and I prepared my mind to bear the pain just for an hour till I reach my flat. I didn't took a rikshaw as usual,didn't took the seat for 3 stops as usual, reached the last metro which I had to board. But till now I got so exhausted that getting a place to sit was the only option to relax my legs a little bit. The metro arrived swirling on its track,just like a snake in "The Snake and Ladder Game."
Luckily, I got the seat. Getting a seat on stops like Kashmiri Gate and Rajiv Chowk is like getting a trophy. But sometimes you don't feel a winner for long. The moment I was about to stretch my legs out, I saw a pregnant lady standing in front of me. I looked her once then looked at my legs once and got up immediately. I left the place and stood in pain for the remaining journey,just for that one big satisfaction of helping someone in need. This is my definition of strength.

These stories might not have impressed you because of their simplicity. They are not like an adventurous superhero tale or beautiful like Cindrella story, but have made great impacts on my life. There are many more incidents that have in some way or the other helped me to be a better person. They taught me the real version of myself. If you are such a person, never be shy to express yourself or feel bad about you. This is your feature, respect it.  I believe "Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom". 
If you don't relate to any of these traits then it's a request to please use your instincts before judging someone and declaring the end result very soon. "Everyone is unique in this world in their own ways and deserve an applause."

Powered by Blogger.