Our brain can store about 1 TB (Terabyte) data. It is just like a bermuda triangle, you can fill in it everything without spilling over. It depends how judiciously we use it

A letter to all Males out there

I am a woman. Since time immemorial, I have been considered weak, inferior and emotional.  I have tried hard to prove my worth that I am just like you. I deserve the same treatment as you but I have been ignored, bullied and undermined. But if you see my journey you will be surprised to notice my progress.

I have been on the moon and in space accompanying you which no one ever thought. I was considered a coward to have such a strong will. I was believed to be the homemaker whose sole purpose is household and family…sky was considered alien for me yet I proved you wrong.

I have entered your sphere of domination…which is the defence services. Defence is considered to be the task of being brave,bold and tough. Due to this I was always undermined. I was considered physically and mentally unfit for such roles. Recently I got a place in the Permanent Commission. You thought I would be afraid but I proved you wrong.

I am a scientist, archaeologist, doctor, engineer, poet and photographer. I have won several Nobel prizes just like you. You thought that education is not my cup of tea. Or even if it is, I will be stuck in the middle like an aimless wanderer. But I proved you wrong.

I am holding the highest executive post like Prime Minister and President of various nations. The countries where I held the top decision making ranks have performed fairly well to contain Covid 19 pandemic just like New Zealand, as per a study. You thought I am incapable of taking the decisions for a nation as a whole. I proved you wrong.

I have become an entrepreneur,  someone who can lead a firm. I was considered apt to take only social decisions and the practical field was considered out of my bound. But I proved you wrong.

I have defeated you in the playground. I was considered weak and unfit for sports as sports is not a girl’s thing. Recently I did immensely well in the Tokyo Olympics and ran parallel to the men’s hockey team. You sympathised with me for being physically weak. I proved you wrong.

Quite surprisingly, I entered the field of umpiring which was considered a male thing. My smile and tenderness was regarded as perfect for a cheerleader but not umpiring. I proved you wrong .

I have become a driver, a mechanic, a loco pilot, an air pilot and ship pilot. I have taken voyages on an all women trip across the world. I have driven the longest flight with an all women crew crossing the North Pole altogether. You thought I would be unable to come out of my emotional ride and concentrate on the technicalities of these jobs  but I proved you wrong.

If I have given my test in every sphere…why am I still not treated as you? If I have proven my worth..why am I still not spared by the few demons roaming round dere? If you think I am as human as you..why am I still considered a bate? Why am I only measured by my sexuality and physical appearance? Why am I considered a prize and not a normal being that has the right to move out freely, laugh out loudly or wear anything that I want ?

Yet again, I got raped. I am shocked to imagine a degree of lust which does not consider age as a barrier. As a small kid of 9 years, someone among you took away my dignity and childhood. I am going through the same cycle of torture, trauma and death again and again. You call for my justice ..you protest..you shout..you light candles for me and my safety…but what about those hidden faces that neither me nor you can recognize? What about those among you who come to me every time to take my dignity ? What about those who have no ethical grounds and are only filled with greed ?

Today I come to you…to ask you about a dignified life. You know I have suffered a lot , yet I have the courage to go on. I believe that one day, you will make the society more equitable and respectful for me. One day,  I will not be afraid to come put of my home even at night. One day you will not call me emotionally weak but will consider it my strength. One day each of you will cleanse your heart to save me. God has bestowed me with the power to give a birth..to bring a new life on earth. You are also the result of my patience and endurance of 9 months. I believe in you. Even if the demons are present out there who look quite similar to you…I know one day you will wipe them completely coz it’s only the matter of self cleansing. I believe you will believe in my potential, you will raisen your conscience if it is polluted and even try to purify the society prevalent across you. From today you will not be a silent spectator but a proud human.

If every individual works on their inner being, gender justice is not far away.



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.